Footprints

Leave me out with the waste, this is not what I do. It's the wrong kind of place to be thinking of you. It's the wrong time, she's pulling me through. It's a small crime and I have got no excuse! Is that alright if I give away my gun when it's loaded? If you don't shoot it, how am I supposed to hold it? -- 9 Crimes

Name:
Location: India

Leave me out with the waste, this is not what I do. Its the wrong kind of place to be cheating on you. Its the wrong time, she's pulling me through. It's a small crime and I've got no excuse. Is that alright if I give my gun away when its loaded? If you dont shoot it, how am I supposed to hold it? -- 9 Crimes

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Crossroads



There it is, the horizon of my life
the moment i ve been waiting for a long time
The cobwebs make no sense anymore
a feeling i ve never felt before.
The rocks beneath my feet, the wind in my hair
the aurora of this brand new morning's air.
The gentle whispers of sea in my ear
the distant sound of footsteps i hear.
The first sign of sunlight upon my face
the raindrops making music with panache and grace.
the tiny birds spreading their wings in the sky
i wish this would never pass me by.
Its a new beginning, its where i start again
the place where i leave behind all my worries and pain.
just one step ahead and i know the world is in my stride
making it the last day i cried.
Still i wish to run and hide
and nurture my big ego and pride.
I remember the seventeen dark springs of past
I remember the time which flew off so fast.
I remember that grass is not greener on the other side
I remember that i've been blessed with all might.
I remember the last turn i took
I remember your first dirty look.
but what i've forgotten is better than that
my head no more fits in that ol' black hat.
The jewels of my eyes are no more for you to see
my life is no more thankful to my complacency.
From these shackles i will break free
into the deep blue sky one day i ll flee.
Undress the disguise, unwrap the emotions
Break all barriers, murder all pretensions
hide the white flag, learn to strike back
the love of God one can never hijack.
Give me Thy love, i'm down on my knees before Thou
Give me Thy strength to live up to my vow.

composed on oct 23, 2003

4 Comments:

Blogger Anirudh 'Lallan' Choudhry said...

oh boy i am begining to like everything u postin...n this one has such a fresh n soothin feel to it..loved this one..(except the lines which says i will start again....i don wana start anythin reachin such a point)..

beautiful work ..!

10:13 PM  
Blogger m still here... said...

beauuutifuul.... pretty inspirin and disturbin too... :-)

12:36 AM  
Blogger PrimaDonna said...

hey...thanks a lot both of u. i dont kno what made me write this poem years ago but its quite apt on my life right now. probably i could see all this at that point of time. n what makes it disturbing, by the way???? i would like to know... :-)

1:08 PM  
Blogger PrimaDonna said...

thanks buddy....it came right from the heart..

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home